For several thousand years the Chinese have been using a mixture of herbs to clear away toxins from the body. Today, our bodies are exposed to an increasing level of dangerous chemicals that exists as pollutants in the environment.
Detoxification becomes necessary in today’s world. The herbs that the Chinese used are believed to promote good skin, positive emotions and increase the flow of positive energy in the body.
Detox tea has natural compounds such as antioxidants and the detoxifying agents, which are responsible for proper digestion, weight loss, normal bowel movement, and body detoxification and cleansing. The following are the health benefits that detox tea can provide:
A detox tea improves the kidney and liver condition. Its powerful antioxidants help boosts the liver ‘ s detoxifying capability and eradicate the harmful body toxins.
Detoxification helps the body to become fit and shed off excess weight. This enhances proper digestion and burning of stored fats, which contain harmful toxins. Therefore eliminating these harmful substances enables the body to lose more weight.
It promotes bile production that can improve the performance of digestive system. Because of this, detox tea consumption after eating meal is advised. The elimination of toxin and harmful substances will result to fresher and healthier skin.
Detox tea plays a role in relieving skin diseases from toxins that have been found out to cause some skin problems. Drinking this natural herb will help improve the digestion and enhance bowel movement.
Health Benefits that Detox Tea
Turmeric Detox Tea
Turmeric contains “curcumin” which is a free radical fighting substance that is used as a defense against cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. Curcumin is also antitumor, antiarthritic, anti-amyloid and anti-inflammatory. Turmeric can be combined with ginger to make a delicious detoxifying tea.
2 cups water
1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
1 tablespoon maple syrup
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Boil the water, then add the powdered ginger and turmeric. Simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Strain the tea into a mug then add maple syrup and lemon
3. Stir the mixture and it’s ready
Kidney Detox Tea recipe
Drink one cup of the tea three times a day for 7 to 10 days, and one cup a day for maintenance.
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1/2 teaspoon licorice
1 1/2 cups purified water
1/2 tablespoon burdock root
1/2 tablespoon dandelion root
2 parts Red Clover Flowers
1 part Spearmint
1 part Poke Root
1 part Ginkgo Leaf
1 part Nettle leaf
2 parts Burdock Root
2 parts Chaparral
1 part Dandelion Root
1 part Licorice Root
Drink 1 cup 2 to 3 times daily.
Tea Ingredients and its effects on the body
- Sarsaparilla root – increases the urine flow. It also functions as a blood purifier.
- Burdock root – promotes better kidney function. It contains volatile oils which help remove toxins through the pores of the sweat glands.
- Hibiscus flower – mild laxative
- Echinacea Angustifolia – body detoxifier
- Fenugreek seed – promotes the excretion of mucous from the bronchial tubes.
- Ginger root – stimulates the circulatory system.
- Cascara Sagrada bark – stimulates secretions of the pancreas, stomach and gall bladder.
- Milk Thistle seeds – commonly used as a liver protector
- Red Clover – it is also a blood purifier that is rich in minerals.
- Dandelion root – a powerful diuretic which also stimulates the elimination of toxins from the blood.
- Yellow Dock root – improves bile flow. Lymphatic system cleanser. An old remedy for skin eruptions caused by internal toxins.